Walk-in-wardrobes are all the rage and can add a lot of wow-factor to your home. They give a sense of luxury and glamour. Can they be for anyone? Well, yes and no. Firstly, you may or may not have the space for a walk-in-wardrobe. If you are planning a renovation, extension or new build, you may be able to allow space for a walk-in-wardrobe. But, choose wisely.
For example, in our previous home mega-renovation in Gymea, we built an extension on the house that had a master bedroom, ensuite and walk-in-wardrobe (among other things). At the eleventh hour we decided to can the walk-in-robe, opting to make the space a fourth bedroom, a decision which paid off when we decided to sell the house. As the master bedroom was massive, we built a beautiful, custom, enclosed wardrobe along one wall (approx 5m long) which had room for separate his and hers plus a built in TV and entertainment section. In our new house build in Cronulla (Woolooware), we have more room to play with and have therefore chosen to have a walk-in-wardrobe off the master bedroom (and an enclosed wardrobe in the master bedroom too…you can never have enough storage, can you, Shaynna Blaze?!)
Whether you go for a regular built-in wardrobe or a walk-in-wardrobe, there are several things to consider.
- Do you have the space to spare?
- How will this space be used? A traditional walk-in-wardrobe is usually a room annexed to the bedroom, but they can be used in-between two areas as a thoroughfare, think of it as a walk-through-wardrobe. For example, you may have a walk-through-wardrobe that links the bedroom to an ensuite. This is useful for long, skinny areas of floor space. eg;
- What kinds of things will you need to store? eg; do you have a high-heel collection, or business shirts that require hanging?
- How much do you have to store?
- How do you like your items divided and compartmentalised?
- What types of colours and materials do you want to use? Wardrobes can be effective and look presentable in simple white-melamine, however they can be glammed to the standard of a high-end clothing store display cabinet or like something you would see in The Block.
No matter what option you choose, Paragon Kitchens can design a wardrobe that reflects your storage needs and style. We can maximise the storage for the space with our creative ingenuity and install a wardrobe that is sophisticated and beautiful, adding value to your home and your lifestyle.
Need some inspiration? Check out our wardrobe ideas board on Pinterest: Pinterest Wardrobe Ideas